The Wall-Mounted Faucet: A Perfect Blend of Fashion and Functionality
1. What is a wall-mounted faucet?
The wall-mounted faucet is used to bury the water supply line in the wall. The wall faucet directs the water to the sink at the bottom of the wall. The faucet is independent and the sink is also independent. The sink does not need to consider the internal integration of the faucet, so there are more free choices in shape so that different spaces and environments have more diverse choices.
The place where the sink and faucet meet is usually where rust and bacteria grow the most. With separate faucets and sinks, you don't have to worry about cleaning those spots. There are generally two types of wall-mounted faucets.
Single-handle wall-mounted faucet
A single switch rotates left and right to control hot and cold water, and rotates up and down to control water output. Water is relatively saved.
- One-piece concealed faucet with a single-pilot mixing valve.
- Disconnect the hidden faucet with a mixing valve.
- Hidden faucet with an embedded box for a single control mixing valve.
Double-handle wall-mounted faucet
The sub-control water valve hides the faucet, which means the hot and cold water are controlled separately, the left is hot and the right is cold, and the middle is the water outlet.
Double switch, hot and cold water should be adjusted separately. The water flow is large when the water temperature is adjusted to the appropriate temperature, which is not very water-saving. If only using hot water, it is easy to burn. It is not for the elderly Suitable for people and children. More decorative.The above are some common wall-mounted faucets. When integrating looks and functionality, don't forget to save water. When you buy, remember to bring an aerator to reduce noise, prevent splashing, and save water efficiently.
2. The advantages and disadvantages of wall-mounted faucets.
- Save space. Wall-mounted faucets usually save space and free up countertop space.
- It is easy to clean, there are no dead corners, and cleaning is more convenient.
- Strong decoration, can improve the decoration of the room and make the room tidier.
- The price is more expensive, and the price and installation cost of the wall faucet is higher than that of the ordinary faucet.
- Installation is troublesome. You need to ask a professional installer to install them.
- Maintenance is troublesome. Many parts are pre-embedded in the wall, making it difficult to repair once a problem occurs.
3. Precautions for installing the wall-mounted faucet.
- Due to the concealed installation, the wall-mounted faucet needs to be pre-embedded in the water pipe when using hydroelectric power. Therefore, it is necessary to purchase the faucet style in advance before going hydroelectric.
- During the construction process, do not remove the protective cover of the product, so as not to damage the product.
- Be sure to pressurize the product to check whether there is water leakage and whether the water pipe connection is correct.
- The sundries on the connector must be removed before installation to avoid blockage or water leakage.
- The installation height is best adjusted at a height of 15-20cm above the basin/sink and 95-100cm above the floor.
4. So should I choose a wall-mounted faucet?
- The wall-mounted faucet has a high appearance and can be combined with different styles according to your needs.
- The wall-mounted faucet has a miraculous effect when used in a compact bathroom, which can save a lot of space.
- The main concern of all wall-mounted faucets is maintenance and water leakage. In fact, the wall-mounted faucet is similar to the shower at home, and the technology is very mature and very popular abroad.
Compared with with ordinary faucets
- Various connection methods: Ordinary faucets are connected to the water outlet via angle valves and hoses for water supply. Wall-mounted faucets are connected to the water outlet through embedded parts for water supply, and the embedded parts and water outlet are installed as a whole. Regarding the connection method, fewer steps are required to get into the wall faucet.
- Various fittings: Common fittings are angle valve, hose, faucet, angle valve, hose, faucet itself may cause water leakage; Wall-mounted faucets are embedded parts and faucets because there is no angle valve and no soft parts. With this accessory, only embedded parts and faucets are allowed to see water. Choosing a good brand further reduces this likelihood.
The more complicated the connection method, the more connection points, and the more hidden dangers. Comparing the two, the hidden danger of the wall faucet is actually less.
So make a bold choice! As long as you pick a good brand and ask professionals to standardize the installation, there's no problem.
5. How to choose a wall-mounted faucet?
- Choose high-quality branded products and fully understand the accessories of the product before purchasing. Recommended brands: Grohe from Germany, Hansgrohe from Germany, Moen from the USA, Kohler from the USA, Roca from Spain, TOTO from Japan, Rbrohant from the USA, etc.
- When buying a wall-mounted faucet, do your best to try it. The main thing is to try if the switch handle is smooth. You can't just pick beautiful styles and ignore the practicality of the product.
- The size of the wall-mounted faucet is fixed. Once installed, its usefulness depends on the size of the basin/sink, bathtub, etc. So, when buying, you need to understand the basin/sink and bathtub first. The distance from the wall so that when choosing the faucet, the length of the faucet can be selected accurately. The faucet should not be near the edge of the sink or bathtub, otherwise, it will affect the usability.
- When buying this kind of faucet, it is better to choose a faucet made of copper or ceramic valve core, which has good sealing performance, wear resistance, corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance. In short, the service life is quite long.