In the past, all wall-mounted faucets were compression taps and had the same types of valves as laundry taps and outside taps. Nowadays some wall mounts have cartridge valves and there is an easy way to tell them apart. If the handle only moves 90 degrees the faucet has a cartridge valve, but if the handle has a large turning radius the faucet has a compression valve.

If the faucet is leaking and you need to fix it, that difference will be different, but this is only a minor one. Water leakage is one of the few problems with wall mounting kitchen faucets. Wall-mounted faucets are usually so sturdy that there are few other internal problems. Repairing leaks is very simple, almost anyone can do it, and repairs can save valuable water.

Position the shut-off valve.

You'll have to disassemble the faucet to fix the leak. This means that you will have to turn off the water. The shut-off valve on a traditional deck-mounted faucet is usually on the wall under the sink. However, this is not always the case with wall-mounted faucets. Sometimes during wall mounting, plumbers run pipes to the side from another location, and the shut-off valve can be in a different part of the room, or even in a different room.

If the isolation valves are not visible, they may be behind the panel. Look around the room and the next room as it may be easier for the plumber to install the shut-off valve on the other side of the wall. If you can't find them, you may have to turn off the house water to complete the repair.

Repair leaking faucets.

Flowerpot fillers, faucets, wall-mounted laundry taps, and outdoor faucets usually have compression valves. If either of these leaks, the seal on the end of the valve stem usually needs to be replaced. If the faucet is supplying hot and cold water, only one side may be leaking. However, it is usually best to swap the seal on both sides. If one side is leaking, the other side can soon leak.

This operation requires the use of a screwdriver and wrench or locking pliers. After turning off the water, a brief description of the process follows:

-Loosen the set screw on the handle and pull out the handle.
-Use a wrench or pliers to loosen and loosen the valve mounting nut, and then remove the nut.
-If pulling it out isn't easy, use pliers to pull it out to grab the valve stem.
-Turn the valve cover, and then loosen the Phillips head screw that holds the washer in place. Remove the washer and replace it with a new one.
-Put everything back in to complete the repair.

On the rare occasion, that leakage cannot be prevented, you may need to replace the valve seat, which is a brass fitting located at the bottom of the valve body. Remove the valve again and unscrew the seat with a seat wrench that you can buy at the hardware store. Replace the seat with a new one. You can buy it from any store that sells off-the-shelf faucet repair parts.

Wall Mount Black Sink Faucet
You have successfully subscribed!